Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Home Clean Home

Hey Everyone,
The news is out- I'm back in the States! I made a surprise appearance at the UCSD graduation ceremony and can no longer keep my return a secret. I'll be "around" for the summer, mostly in California, but continuing to be somewhat of a migrant.

I passed through 6 airports in 35 hours to get back- and barely in time to avoid the rainy season in Uganda. My last two nights in Kampala I got rained out of my tent, and my bags were soaked through with mud. It's good to be home- my first 24 hours home I took 4 showers and left a ring around the tub each time :) I made it back safely, though it took several days for my baggage to arrive, which is fine because it was all filthy clothing anyway. I washed it twice and let it suffice to say that I will never travel with a white shirt again.

Next up for the Great Ape Adventurer: The International Primatological Society congress in Edinburgh the first week of August, a gathering of primate researchers from around the world presenting their work. I'll soon after be heading to the University of St Andrews in Scotland for my PhD. I will continue learning about the great apes (and other primates!), continue traveling the globe, and continue having wild adventures!

Thanks to everyone who enjoyed reading my emails and blog, your responses were always appreciated even if I couldn't get back to you.

Have a great summer!
Katie Hall

No comments: