Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I'm sure I'll laugh about this someday...

I'm sure I'll laugh about this someday, but right now, having malaria sucks.

I guess taking Malarone every morning, sleeping under a mosquito net, and dousing myself in 100% DEET spray each morning isn't enough to deter those pesky mosquitos.

I went to the doctor and got some medication- Metronidazole (2 pills 3 times a day) and Artemether and Lumefantrine tablets (4 pills 2 times a day). So if I can manage to stay awake and coherent, I might actually be able to follow this silly regimen, in addition to the vitamins, probiotics, and other pills lined up on my bedside table. At least I'll be ingesting more than bananas, rice, and 7up.

I hope everyone else is healthy and well... I'll send another update about the chimps when I am well enough to go back out in the field.
-Katie

No comments: